I am always in search of the blackest, smoothest, and the most awesome eyeliners. My go-to eyeliner is MAC Fluidline gel liner but I am always trying new eyeliners to see if there’s one that would replace my favorite.
Five drugstore liquid eyeliners were put to test:
From Left to Right in the product picture above:
- NYC Haute Definition Liquid Liner
- NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker
- NYX Liquid Eyeliner
- Wet n Wild Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner
Here is a swatch I did of these 5 eyeliners. Left picture was taken with flash and right picture was taken without flash.
From Top to Bottom in the picture above:
- NYC Haute Definition Liquid Liner- marker like applicator. uneven and not black (light black).
- NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker-marker like applicator. uneven and not black (light black).
- NYX Liquid Eyeliner- fine brush like tip as the applicator. smooth, even, very black
- Wet n Wild Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner- small, short marker-like applicator. uneven. very black. hard to erase, even with makeup remover. I can’t imagine trying to get this thing off of my eyes.
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner – fine brush like tip as the applicator. smooth, not even, black, but not as black as the middle one: NYX Liquid Eyeliner.
WINNER: The blackest, smoothest, most even, and quick drying and long lasting liquid liner out of these five is:
Here is my video review on all 5 of these eyeliners.